Expertise and activity
As a responsible partner, Boris Nolting supervises the departments of media law and IT law at the Hamburg and Berlin offices. For the commercial clients, he is particularly responsible for IT projects, in which the focus is on drafting and checking the software license agreements. In addition, Nolting also has the expertise in data protection law and internet law. In the field of e-commerce, he manages online retailers and Internet service providers with regard to the legal requirements for their Internet presence, e.g. with individual terms and conditions.
Boris Nolting's expertise in media law and copyright ranges from classic press law, photo and film law to multi-media and social media law. He protects the reputation of businesses and individuals through effective legal reputation management. Intellectual property protection, including trademark law and competition law (UWG), is also one of his competences.
Nolting completed the study of law as well as communication and media science at Georg-August University of Göttingen. At Queensland University of Technology (Brisbane/Australia), he also deepened his knowledge of private and public media law. Subsequent to the two-year legal internship at EMI Music Group in Hamburg and Cologne, he was taken over by Sony and Universal Music Group. Further experiences gained at the public prosecutor's office, the administration of Hamburg-Harburg and the OLG Celle have contributed to his career path to a position at a supra-regional law firm in the Hamburg office, where his main task was to solve media issues for the exclusive insurers.
Later, Nolting joined the ELBKANZLEI and concurrently served as the Managing Director of NPP Legal GmbH Niethammer, Posewang & Partner in Hamburg. Since 2014, he is also a lecturer and counsellor of media law at the Cyber Law Clinic, an institution convened by the Faculty of Law in Hamburg.
- Georg-August University of Göttingen
- Queensland University of Technology (Brisbane, Australia)
- Hamburg, Cologne, OLG Celle
- Experience in a supra-regional law firm in the areas of intellectual property and IT law
- Lectures for IT Law and Intellectual Property Protection at the "Cyber Law Clinic" of the University of Hamburg
Specialist solicitor training
- Successful participation in the professional course of intellectual property rights
- Hanseatic Bar Association Hamburg
- Cyber Law Clinic at the University of Hamburg
- Hamburg Bar Association
- German Bar Association
- „Weiterverkauf von Designermöbel“, Der urheberrechtliche Schutz gestalterisch konzipierter Gegenstände, GRIN Verlag.