Expertise & Activity
Dr. Deniz Hoffmann is responsible for the tax law department of ROSE & PARTNER in Frankfurt am Main. He advises his clients in particular in connection with tax structuring, real estate transactions and real estate transfer tax issues as well as tax-optimized succession through inheritance and gifts. His clients include wealthy private individuals, medium-sized companies and entrepreneurs as well as real estate project developers.
Deniz Hoffmann also handles tax disputes before the tax authorities on behalf of his clients and represents them with commitment and competence before the tax courts and the Federal Fiscal Court.
After a stay abroad in Great Britain, Dr. Deniz Hoffmann began studying law in Berlin. The part-time work in a tax office during his studies and during his legal clerkship was groundbreaking for his later appointment as a tax lawyer.
After working in the tax law departments of international logistics and consulting companies in Frankfurt am Main and Zurich, he worked as a research assistant and lecturer at the Institute of Law of the University of Zurich while pursuing his doctorate.
As an attorney and specialist solicitor for tax law, he initially worked in medium-sized law firms in Frankfurt am Main, where he advised his clients primarily on tax structuring, succession planning in gift and inheritance tax law as well as real estate and land transfer tax issues, and regularly represented them successfully before the tax courts and the Federal Fiscal Court.
He joined ROSE & PARTNER Frankfurt am Main and took over the tax law department in 2020.
When he's not training for the next running event on his favorite track on the banks of the Main, you can meet him in the mountains or in faraway countries, depending on the season. In his backpack there is always a thriller or the racing bike story of a tour hero. In his adopted city of Frankfurt, the Berlin-born artist lets his wife drag him to art exhibitions, and each time he is thrilled by the diverse cultural offerings of the Main metropolis.
Studies, internship and doctorate
- Free University of Berlin
- Streck Mack Schwedhelm, Berlin
- Financial administration Berlin
- RöverBrönner (today Mazars), Berlin
- Raue LLP, Berlin
- Doctorate (Dr. iur.) in corporate insolvency law at the University of Zurich
Previous professional activities
- Lawyer at Deutsche Bahn AG, Frankfurt am Main (real estate taxes)
- Lawyer / Consultant at KPMG AG, Zurich (German Tax & Legal Center)
- Research Assistant at the Institute of Law of the University of Zurich
- Lawyer with Jost Roth Collegen, Frankfurt am Main (tax law)
- Lawyer at a real estate law boutique
- Certified Specialist for tax law
- Intensive course in business administration and business management, IWW Fernuniversität Hagen
- "Current land transfer tax issues with the GmbH (Part 2)", GmbH-Steuerpraxis 9/2019 p. 257-261
- "Current land transfer tax issues with the GmbH (Part 1)", GmbH-Steuerpraxis 8/2019 p. 225-230
- "Coordination mechanisms of German group insolvency law", Duncker & Humblot 2019, ISBN: 978 - 3 - 428 - 15575 - 0
- "Liquidation and Deletion of a GmbH", GmbH Tax Practice 1/2019, p. 11-16
- "The resignation of the GmbH managing director", GmbH-Steuerpraxis 5/2018, S. 136-141
- "A comparative legal view of over-indebtedness and prognosis of continued existence", Haas/Hoffmann, Festschrift for Siegfried Beck 2016, pp. 223-241
- "Review of Flöther, Handbook on Group Insolvency Law", Haas/Hoffmann, NZG 2015, pp. 1395-1396