Expertise and Practice
Gesa Modersohn works in our inheritance law department in Hamburg. Here, she mainly advises clients in matters of compulsory portions, all questions concerning farm succession and the settlement of inheritance cases. In disputes concerning inheritance and disinheritance, she represents private individuals and entrepreneurs both out of court and before the civil courts and the probate court.
In addition to her work as an attorney, Ms. Modersohn supports our Marketing and Legal Tech department with her expertise in inheritance law.
Ms. Modersohn is currently training to become a certified specialist for inheritance law and has already successfully completed the theoretical part of the training. She already specialized in inheritance law during her studies and legal clerkship. She has been a member of the inheritance law team of ROSE & PARTNER since her time as a clerk.
During her studies, Ms. Modersohn gained professional experience in the multidisciplinary, internationally oriented law firm KPMG Law in the area of litigation as well as in a medium-sized business law firm in Santa Barbara, California.
Born in Westphalia, she has made Hamburg her new home of choice since she started working for ROSE & PARTNER. In her free time, she enjoys traveling to distant countries or taking extensive rides with her long-time horse Westwind.
- Quick help with the Berliner Testament Ms. Modersohn was able to help me quickly and competently with my questions about my Berliner Testament. Thank you very much!
Studies and clerkship
- University of Bielefeld
- First state examination at the OLG Hamm (with Prädikat)
- Legal clerkship at the Regional Court of Kiel
- Supplementary studies in administrative sciences at the German University of Administrative Sciences
- Clerkship at ROSE & PARTNER, department of inheritance law
- Second state examination at the joint examination office of the states Free Hanseatic City of Bremen, Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein
Previous legal activities
- KPMG Law Hamburg - Litigation & Arbitration
- KPMG Law Bielefeld - Litigation & Arbitration
- Hollister & Brace, Santa Barbara, California
- Chair of Prof. Frank Weiler - Chair of Civil Law, Intellectual Property Law and Business Law