Corporate Law, Shareholder dispute, Stock Corporation Law in Germany
Lawyers and Specialist Lawyers for German Corporate Law
German corporate law is one of the core competencies of our business law firm. Our specialist lawyers advise shareholders, managing directors, board members and supervisory board members on contractual arrangements, strategies to avoid liability and represent them in legal disputes. Our lawyers advise corporations (GmbH, AG) and partnerships (in particular GmbH & Co. KG, silent partnership, GbR) in Germany. For optimal - also international - advice to the companies and parties involved, we draw on the know-how of our entire team of lawyers and tax advisors for every major assignment - in Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne, Munich and Frankfurt.
For a non-binding inquiry, please contact one of our experts by phone or e-mail or use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Shareholder in Germany: Termination, Squeeze-out, Restraint on competition, Voting right etc.
We advise business owners and shareholders of limited liability companies (GmbH) and partnerships on their rights and obligations as shareholders in Germany. We contractually structure voting rights, profit distribution or even non-competition clauses. In shareholder disputes we represent you with our experience and strategical know-how to enforce your interests.
- Shareholder dispute in the GmbH
- Shareholder dispute in partnerships
- Termination, Squeeze-outs
- Sverance payment shareholder
- Restraint on competition shareholder
- Information rights of shareholders
- Shareholder resolution, company meeting
- Company formation, Start-up
- Capital increase in the GmbH
- Shareholder loan
- Articles of association
- Separation of shareholders through spin-off
- Mediation for shareholders
Director, Management in german Companies
We advise GmbH directors, GmbH supervisory boards and companies on all legal and tax issues relating to the managing director in Germany. Our expertise includes the drafting and review of director contracts. We develop strategies to avoid management liability and employee participation. In the event of conflicts concerning the position and powers of the director, we represent you in and out of court in Germany.
- Director basic knowledge
- Director's employment contract
- Manager liability and discharge of the director
- Termination, Dismissal and Resignation of the Director
- Contractual non-competition clause of the director
- Post-contractual non-competition clause of the director
- Social security obligation of the director
- Supervisory board or advisory board in the GmbH
- Employee participation, virtual employee participation
German Stock Corporation Law - Management Board, Supervisory Board, General Meeting and Shareholder
In the field of german stock corporation law, our specialist lawyers for german corporate law advise management boards, supervisory board members and shareholders. Our repertoire includes, for example, liability avoidance strategies of supervisory boards, the clarification of executive board compensation issues or shareholder lawsuits against resolutions of the shareholders' meeting.
- Overview Stock Corporation Law
- Executive Board, Executive Board contract, Executive Board dismissal
- Supervisory Board
- Manager liability, D&O
- General Meeting
- Shareholder, Shareholder lawsuits
- Cooperative law
The Advice of the Specialist Lawyer in german Corporate Law
Corporate law is a core area of german business law. Serious advice in this field requires both a high degree of specialization of the lawyer in the german corporate law issues as well as profound knowledge of the related areas such as german tax law or, depending on the facts, e.g. german inheritance law, insolvency law or labor law.
The lawyer regularly provides recognized proof of these skills by acquiring the corresponding specialist attorney title. The designation "specialist lawyer for commercial and corporate law" may only be used in Germany by those who can prove special theoretical knowledge and practical experience, which is regularly achieved by successfully completing additional theoretical training and documenting a certain number of independently supervised mandates. According to current german case law, only specialist attorneys may also call themselves "specialist". Since our specialist attorneys for german corporate law generally only accept mandates from their areas of competence, they act as specialists for german corporate law.
However, it is not the designation of "specialist lawyer" that is decisive for the successful handling of a mandate in Germany, but of course the quality of the lawyer's work. A good lawyer or specialist lawyer for corporate law must therefore always also be a good strategist and must never lose sight of the actual goals of the client.
Our offices in Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne, Munich and Frankfurt are exclusively staffed by specialist lawyers for german corporate law or lawyers with a strong specialization in german corporate law. In addition, all mandates can be accompanied by one of our tax advisors. Contact us and we will assign you the best advisor for your case.
Our Team for german Corporate Law in Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne, Munich and Frankfurt
Experts for the areas of german corporate law, M&A, venture capital and private equity are:
- Dr. Boris Schiemzik, Lawyer, Specialist for Corporate Law
- Dr. Ronny Jänig, Lawyer, Specialist for Corporate Law
- Dr. Michael Demuth, Lawyer, Specialist for Corporate Law
- Finn Dethleff, Lawyer
- Dr. Nicolas Eberle, Lawyer
- Dr. Jens Nyenhuis, Lawyer, Specialist for Corporate Law
- Christian Mattlage, Lawyer, Specialist for Corporate Law
- Christian Westermann, Lawyer, Specialist for Corporate Law
- Dr. Philipp Schön, Lawyer, Specialist for Corporate Law
- Gregor Kübler, Lawyer, Maître en Droit (Aix-Marseille III)
- Dr. Andreas S. Grammling, Lawyer
M&A, Company Acquisition, Transformation in Germany
The second focus of our team, in addition to traditional german corporate law, is the area of M&A, company acquisitions and transformations. We assist investors, shareholders and management in corporate transactions and tax structuring in Germany.
You will find a separate section for this on our homepage:
Important topics in the field of mergers & acquisitions, private equity, venture capital etc. in Germany:
- Company acquisition and purchase of company shares
- Company sale from the seller's point of view
- Taxation of the company purchase
- Transformation, Restructuring
- Mergers and M&A
- Holding company, Group
- Corporate financing
- Company valuation, Share valuation
- Venture capital
- VC investment contract
- Private equity