Corporate Housekeeping in Germany
English-speaking German Attorneys and Lawyers in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and Frankfurt
Our law firm with offices in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and Frankfurt regularly advise foreign clients in market-entry matters, day-to-day corporate house keeping, contract management, and corporate and tax compliance in Germany. We define corporate and contract housekeeping as advice on corporate law issues such as the following.
- Appointment/Recall of managing directors
- Draft of special powers of attorney for management staff
- Advice for foreign managing directors re their key obligations under German corporate and tax law
- Fillings with German official public registers (commercial register; electronic federal gazette)
- Change of articles of association
- Preparation and convocation of shareholder meetings
- Representation in shareholder meetings
- Advice regarding preparation and submission of annual accounts
- Labour law
- Advice on compliance issues for managing directors, executive, supervisory and advisory boards
- Draft, review and amendment on terms and conditions (general sales and purchase terms)
- Profit and loss transfer agreements (tax unit under German fiscal law)
- Winding up companies (by liquidation or merger)
Most of our specialized corporate law attorneys come from large international law firms and are qualified to offer bilingual (German/English) documentation and advice. We are dealing on an ongoing basis with foreign local counsel in various jurisdictions across the globe. Therefore, we are aware that dealing with foreign legal concepts and methods can be irritating. Against this background we place particular emphasis on avoiding legalese as far as possible and delivering advice in plain language.
We serve clients on a retainer base as “external in-house counsel” for German subsidiaries and thereby help our clients to streamline their budget for legal work. Further, in many situations we are able to offer our clients fixed fees.
In short, our clients benefit from cost efficient legal services delivered at a speed and quality equal to large international law firms.